A new survey by Sidekick reveals what people's biggest email pet peeves are.
1. Bad grammar is the biggest cold email pet peeve of all
- 40% of people said bad grammar was their BIGGEST cold email pet peeve.
- 39% of respondents said lengthy emails was their biggest cold email pet peeve.
- 15% of people said it was a lack of a clear question (although this personally annoys me more than anything).
2. 91% of people don’t care if they receive a late-night email.
- 53% of people said it doesn’t bother them at all.
- 38% think it’s weird, but not a big deal.
- 9% consider it unprofessional and rude.
3. 46% of people believe certain email sign-offs are overused.
- "sincerely" (14%)
- "regards" (14%)
- "best" (12%)
- "cheers" (10%)